681 applications received in the first call for participation in the Anna Lindh Forum 2010 in Barcelona
A total number of 681 applications has been received during the First Call for Participation in the Anna Lindh Forum 2010 .
The Anna Lindh Forum is a major civil society gathering for the promotion of intercultural action across the Mediterranean region. Taking place in Barcelona from the 4th to 7th of March 2010, the Forum will bring together for the very first time over 500 civil society and NGO representatives from the 43 Union for the Mediterranean countries to debate and create action in favour of dialogue, mutual understanding and peace.
• Applications received from the members of the Anna Lindh Egyptian, Italian, Palestinian and Moroccan Networks have been among the highest
• In addition, participation of newly established networks of the Foundation in Albania, Croatia and Mauritania in the Call has been significant
• Among the 681 applicants, the Anna Lindh Foundation will cover the visa, travel and accommodation costs as well as the participation fee of 170 participants
• The Anna Lindh Foundation is looking for additional funding to cover the costs of another 100 participants (reserve list from this call)
• The result of the First Call for Participation will be announced during the second half of January 2010
• An open Call for Registration will be launched in January 2010 to invite members of the Anna Lindh National Networks and other institutions and civil society organisations to participate at their own expense